The main duties of the role are
1. Up to date knowledge of building construction, health and safety, contract law, and building control procedures
2. offer technical expertise in housing construction and adaptations
3. survey dwellings and formulate specifications
4. ensure dwellings are assessed and upgraded, maintained and adapted in compliance with the Council's policies and
also relevant legislation and regulations
5. monitor completion of works to enable payment of financial assistance
6. Good verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to write clear and concise reports and letters on complex
7. Good numeracy skills with an ability to monitor and control project expenditure.
8. Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
9. Ability to successfully operate in a multi-disciplinary and develop good working relationships with colleagues.
10. Good IT and keyboard skills, including the ability to use Microsoft Office